Field Notes - Original Mix
This is where it all starts, the original Field Notes. Field Notes began when Aaron Draplin built the first editions as a holiday gift for some friends. The company has evolved since those early days but these simple 3 packs have been, and probably always will be, the heart of the Field Notes line-up. They have earned their place as a icon among the adventurer's must-haves!
- Quantity: 3 pack
- Size: 3.5" wide x 5.5" tall
- Cover: Blank Kraft Paper
- # of Pages: 48
- Print Style: 1 x Graph, 1 x Lined, 1 x Plain
For those of you that love to know every detail, check below for a lot more specifications provided by Field Notes.
- Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
- Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C "Packing Brown Wrap," with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black soy-based Toyo ink.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
- Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
- Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 "Stitchmaster" 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
- Corners precisely rounded to 3/9" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). Crisp plain paper. 48 Pages.
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm).
- Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.