Field Notes - US Letterpress B
These Field Notes features the work of nine independent letterpress shops from across America. This series demonstrates a wide array of craftsmanship, ingenuity, and love for the age-old and tactile process of letterpress printing. This pack contains Springtide Press, Brad Vetter, and Ben Blount.
Continuing a tradition embossed into the history of American letterpress printing, the layouts, themes and messages are highly personal statements about heritage, geography, tradition, and social issues, and they also demonstrate the diversity and strength of today’s letterpress community.
The Printers & Artists:
Genghis Kern - Denver, Colorado
Full-Circle Press - Nevada City, California
Mama’s Sauce - Orlando, Florida
Brad Vetter - Louisville, Kentucky
Springtide Press - Tacoma, Washington
Ben Blount - Evanston, Illinois
Erin Beckloff - Springboro, Ohio
Rick Griffith - Denver, Colorado
Starshaped Press - Chicago, Illinois
Thomas Printers - Ogden, Utah
Skylab Letterpress - Kansas City, Missouri
Lake County Press - Waukegan, Illinois
- Quantity: 3 pack
- Size: 3.5" wide x 5.5" tall
- Cover:Variety of Card stocks
- # of Pages: 48
- Print Style:3 x Graph
For those of you that love to know every detail, check below for a lot more specifications provided by Field Notes.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.